YQCA - Deadline for Participating in the Butler County 4-H Fair - June 1
Who in Butler County 4-H will be required to be YQCA certificed or to attend a meeting?
• 7 Year Olds MUST attend an Instructor-Led Training
• 8-18 Year Olds MUST attend a Instructor-Led Training OR PASS a Web-Based Training.
YQCA is REQUIRED to be Eligible to Exhibit ALL ANIMAL EXHIBITS (Except Horses) at the 2018 Butler County 4-H Fair
What is YQCA?
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is a national, multi-species quality assurance program for youth ages 8 to 18. This program promotes food safety, animal well-being and character development. With YQCA, you’ll discover what it takes to be an informed producer, consumer and employee of the agriculture and food industries.
• Is YQCA mandatory for all 4-H’ers?
YQCA is required to show at the Butler County 4-H Fair.
• Can someone test out of YQCA?
Not currently, but it is a priority of YQCA to address.
• How much does getting certified cost?
The online module certification is $12, and the instructor-led training method of certification is $3.
• Does the YQCA certification ID sync with 4-H online?
Yes, you will sign in using your 4-H Online information.
• I only show horses. Do I need to be YQCA certified?
No. Right now, YQCA, is not required for 4-H Horse Project Members.
• Do 4-H’ers need to update their YQCA certification number each year?
Yes they do. Youth should re-certify around the same time they tested each year.
• Do I need to register before class?
Yes! You must register and pay online before attending an instructor-led class. 7 year olds must rsvp to the Extension office prior to attending the instructor-led class.
• Does Butler County 4-H get the registration money?
No, all registration money is online and goes to YQCA.