Livestock Project Information
All project enrollment deadline is May 1st. This includes ALL animals. Market and Breeding are no longer separated out on enrollment. Respective tagging/weighing deadlines must still be met.
Required Weigh/Tag Dates to Exhibit at the Butler County Fair
Market Beef (Steer and Heifer)
- March 7th, 2020 - 9:00-10:30 AM
Market Sheep, Market Meat Goat & Market Dairy Wethers
- May 1st, 2020 - 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 PM
Bucket Calves and Market Swine must be tagged by project leaders by May 1st.
All Breeding Gilts (Pedigreed & Commercial), Commercial Meat Goat Does, Commercial Breeding Ewes, and Commercial Heifers must be tagged by your project/tagging leader by June 15.
REMINDER: YQCA is REQUIRED to be Eligible to Exhibit ALL ANIMAL EXHIBITS (Except Horses) at the Butler County 4-H Fair.
• 7 Year Olds MUST attend an Instructor-Led Training
• 8-18 Year Olds MUST attend a Instructor-Led Training OR PASS a Web-Based Training.
Complete YQCA information can be found at: https://www.butler.k-state.edu/4-h/YQCA.html
Forms - Required for Butler County 4-H Fair
Tagging Leader Resources
- Bucket Calf and Market Swine Cards are due into the Extension Office by 5:00 p.m. on May 2nd.
- All Breeding Gilts (Pedigreed & Commercial), Commercial Meat Goat Does, Commercial Ewes, Commercial Breeding Heifers Cards Due into the Extension Office by 5:00 p.m. June 17th.
- Tagging Leader Letter and Ear Tag Forms
- Not enrolled but tagging sign-off form
- Look for Poultry Testing information to come out in May or June