Soil Testing Procedure and Forms
How to Take a Soil Sample:
Use a soil probe or shovel to sample the soil profile between the depths of 3 to 6 inches for lawns, vegetables or annual flowers.
- Take at least 8 samples from the area, then mix the samples in a clean bucket for a representative sample of the area. Bring separate samples for lawns, vegetables, flowerbeds etc.
- Bring in no less than 2 cups(one pint) of the mixture in a plastic bag to the Butler County Extension Office. Label each bag of soil collected.
For example: #1 Flower Garden & #2 Vegetable Garden
Soil sample information sheets can be printed off and filled out prior to bringing your soil to the Butler County Extension Office.
Do Not send soil directly to K-State.
- Lawns & Other Turf - Soil Information Sheet
- Flowers & Other Ornamentals - Soil Information Sheet
- Vegetables, Fruits & Nuts - Soil Information Sheet
Soil test are $16.00