Butler County Extension Council
How does the Extension Council work?
- Extension Council is comprised of 4 Program Development Committees (PDCs)
- Agriculture, Home Economics (FCS), 4-H & Youth, Community Development
- Each member is elected for a 2 yr. term & can serve no more than 2 consecutive terms
- Plan and conduct (with Extension Professionals) the Educational Programs in their respective areas.
- Elect 9 members of the Council to Serve on the Extension Executive Board
Extension Executive Board
- Elected to a 1 yr. term (Jan. 1—Dec. 31)
- Must have at least 1 Member of each PDC
- Meets monthly to conduct the Council Business
- Extension Executive Board Duties
- Transact all business of the Extension Council.
- In cooperation with the County Director and Director of Extension, select, appoint, fix compensation, and supervise Extension Agents.
- Approve all account and expenditures of the council.
The Extension Council represents the citizens of Butler County, Kansas. They are the “voice” of the community, giving the agents and Extension Director feedback and guidance. They are made up of business people, community leaders, farmers, home makers, teachers, etc, and have an interest in Extension.
4-H & Youth - Burgundy Bennett, Noah McLaughlin, Ryan Parker, Jillian Foes, Renata Goossen, Carla Varner
Agriculture – Cole Camac, Jeff Varner, Tara Varner, Curtis Gauthier, Jacob Kehler, Curtis Willhite
Community Development – Larry Doornbos, Jerry Long, Debra Wheeler, Janet Poston Harding, Tom Boren, Teena Tucker
Family Consumer Sciences – Kris Janzen, Amanda "Bitty" Wiebe, Kristina Willour, Susan Harsh, Lynn Lamberty, Carolyn Webb