Butler County Extension Council
How does the Extension Council work?
- Extension Council is comprised of 4 Program Development Committees (PDCs)
- Agriculture, Home Economics (FCS), 4-H & Youth, Community Development
- Each member is elected for a 2 yr. term & can serve no more than 2 consecutive terms
- Plan and conduct (with Extension Professionals) the Educational Programs in their respective areas.
- Elect 9 members of the Council to Serve on the Extension Executive Board
Extension Executive Board
- Elected to a 1 yr. term (Jan. 1—Dec. 31)
- Must have at least 1 Member of each PDC
- Meets monthly to conduct the Council Business
- Extension Executive Board Duties
- Transact all business of the Extension Council.
- In cooperation with the County Director and Director of Extension, select, appoint, fix compensation, and supervise Extension Agents.
- Approve all account and expenditures of the council.
The Extension Council represents the citizens of Butler County, Kansas. They are the “voice” of the community, giving the agents and Extension Director feedback and guidance. They are made up of business people, community leaders, farmers, home makers, teachers, etc, and have an interest in Extension.
4-H & Youth - Penny McNett, Kristine Goossen, Carla Varner, Burgundy Bennett, Noah McLaughlin, Ryan Parker
Agriculture – Tara Varner, Jacob Kehler, Jeff Varner, Cole Camac, Curtis Willhite, Curtis Gauthier
Community Development – Sandra Taylor, Larry Doornbos, Debra Wheeler, Jerry Long, Anna Markley, Oleta McKinney
Family Consumer Sciences – Amanda (Bitty) Wiebe, Kristina Willour, Carolyn Webb, Susan Harsh, Kris Janzen, Vacant Position