Butler County Extension Council
How does the Extension Council work?
- Extension Council is comprised of 4 Program Development Committees (PDCs)
- Agriculture, Home Economics (FCS), 4-H & Youth, Community Development
- Each member is elected for a 2 yr. term & can serve no more than 2 consecutive terms
- Plan and conduct (with Extension Professionals) the Educational Programs in their respective areas.
- Elect 9 members of the Council to Serve on the Extension Executive Board
Extension Executive Board
- Elected to a 1 yr. term (Jan. 1—Dec. 31)
- Must have at least 1 Member of each PDC
- Meets monthly to conduct the Council Business
- Extension Executive Board Duties
- Transact all business of the Extension Council.
- In cooperation with the County Director and Director of Extension, select, appoint, fix compensation, and supervise Extension Agents.
- Approve all account and expenditures of the council.
The Extension Council represents the citizens of Butler County, Kansas. They are the “voice” of the community, giving the agents and Extension Director feedback and guidance. They are made up of business people, community leaders, farmers, home makers, teachers, etc, and have an interest in Extension.
4-H & Youth – Jessica Cabrales, Carla Varner, Jeremiah Zweifel, Kris Goossen, Penny McNett, Christine Steward
Agriculture – Joe Leibbrandt, Kyle Nichols, John Ramsey, Ty Kemp, Les Stalnaker, Jeff Varner
Community Development – Sue Lovas, Lesley Riddell-Koch, Becky Walters, Patrick Laham, Anna Markley, Oleta McKinney
Family Consumer Sciences – Julie Cleveland, Jamie Downs, Tresa Garcia, April Harter, Shannon Hettenbach, Carolyn Webb